Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Cat's do have nine lives!

My "cat" is a 1968 Cougar XR7 - Grecian Gold, Cragar Wheels, Flowmaster's, Edelbrock carburetor....I could go on and on about her, she's a beauty and I will post pictures very soon!

Anyway, last August I was out for a cruise, it was the "Hot August Night's" car show weekend and my friend and I were having a great time...that is until I smelled something burning! I started to freak out and babied my Cougar all the way home...praying that she would make it! She didn't let me down...I literally pulled into the driveway and no sooner had I gotten her parked when she died.

My friend and I looked at each other and said "No Way!" ...we were blown away that the cat made it home and just died like that!

It turned out that the wiring rubbed against the radiator and burned up a good length of crucial wiring. So there she sat all winter...until last week when I was able to get the wiring fixed and then true to form, my faithful cat roared right back to life!

I was soooo happy to have the Cougar running again, I waited a total of about 20 minutes after the mechanic left the drive and I climbed into the drivers seat, rolled down the windows and headed to town to get the tags registered again...here's the part I shouldn't tell you...I drove it without a new oil change and it had sat for 11 months....I know, My Bad!

It was so worth it though! I love driving that Cougar! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment