Saturday, January 23, 2010

Do You Have A "Bucket List"?

Hi Everyone,

Well...it's been a week since my last post, I'm sorry, but once in a while "life" sneaks up on me and gives me a firm slap along side my head. The last 12 days have been a pretty hard hit for me emotionally, but, I think I have things back in order now and find myself taking another good look at my life in general. I think that's what we are meant to do when "life" smacks you in the face.

I won't go into great detail here, but I did lose a good friend recently and it really threw me for a loop. I don't know why, but I foolishly thought he was invincible, I was wrong.

It has been 9 days since his death and with each day that passes, I am able to look at our times together and the friendship we shared as something truly special. I am so honored to have been one of his friends and will be forever thankful for the strength, inspiration and joy he gave me over the 20 plus years I knew him. Rest in Peace Bryon.

I love the movie "The Bucket List". I think Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman do such a fabulous job in that movie and seem to have that magical chemistry that when all is done, comes together to make a great movie.

Staying true to my "Motor-Headness", here is one of my favorite scenes from "The Bucket List":

After spending the past week in a contemplative state of mind, I realize that over the past few years I have subconsciously been creating my own "Bucket List". I'll share a few of the things on my list with you:

  • I want to one day live by the ocean.
  • Own a GTO (not sure on the year yet)
  • See Aerosmith in concert. (soon, Steven Tyler isn't getting any younger!)
  • Travel to Europe.
  • Sit on a veranda, in the tropics, with Tracy and make cat calls at young men, while drinking Margaritas (very doable)
  • See all my children grown, living the life that makes them happy.
Well that's just a few of the items on my list, I'm sure the list will continue to grow. I would love to hear what some of you have on your list...or if you have a "Bucket List". Send me your comments, I'm looking forward to reading them :-)

Now I have to add a video of my favorite Aerosmith songs :-)


I hope you are all well. Take care.
The Lady

4 comments:

  1. I'm really sorry for the loss of your friend.
    I do have a bucket list, but it seems to change as my priorities shift. One thing on my bucket list is to go to Denmark, Copenhagen to be exact. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I'm late but a summer riding accident had actually put me out of commission longer than I would have liked.
    I wish you and your family a Happy New Year
    All the best for 2010

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too would love to see Aerosmith. I also want to go on a hot air balloon ride, and jump out of a perfectly good airplane. (with parachute on of course!

    P.S.,
    Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.
    Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sharon,
    Great to see you back!

    I need a new bucket list I think, I've done all the things on my old list!

    You're right about Steve Tyler not getting any younger though. Still a great performer.

    I think it's criminal that those two cars were trashed in the making of that movie!
    Steve

    ReplyDelete